If your objective is asking BLE112 to say “helloworld” to Android or any other smart phone in faster, quick and simple way. You are on the right way. I am going to guide you how to get BLE112 to connect to your Android, Iphone or any others smart phone.
What you need is
- Bluetooth module ( BLE112 ) USD$50
- CC Debugger USD$ 49
- Android which adaptable to Bluetooth 4.0
- Bluetooth Smart Software and SDK ( Provided by bluegiga )
Reason why I choose BLE112 breakout board. BLE112 embed with antenna and bluetooth built in chip (Texas Instrument cc2540). It means you can begin your development with ble112 in a very cheap price around USD$12 to $16. However, bluegiga do not provide a nice pin leg and you need to soldering it to board in order to connect it to cc debugger. Here’s the reason why I choose jeff-rowberg breakout board. On jeff-rowberg site, it provide two type of board, one is ble112 embed and one is without embed. It save my time to design the breakout board and soldering ble112.
After you have successfully installed Bluetooth SDK, you are almost there. Connect cc debugger and ble112. To easy my developing, I soldering pin socket to ble112. It is optional for you either soldering pin socket or not.
There are three things needed to connect.
- usb to cc debugger
- cc debugger to ble112
- ble112 to 3.3V power supply
- Make sure BLE112’s power is supplied by external power supply but not from debugger.
- Make sure CC debugger pin is correctly connected to ble112.
- Long press the cc debugger reset button.